We all get invited to more events every year than we can possibly attend. Some of them are in great locations. Some of them have amazing keynote speakers. Some of them even have great food. We tried to make sure that the upcoming Marketing Innovation Summit for B2B checked all those boxes, but we also wanted to make sure that if you attend, you walk away feeling like a better marketer than you did when you walked in the door. We thought about what our personal goals as marketers were for the coming year, and we planned a Summit that we ourselves would want to attend in order to help us reach further in our careers. Here’s what to expect:
- You’ll find out how to break through the noise. The only thing noisier than all the marketing content out there is all the content promising to teach you how to break through the noise, right? We’re not going to lie and say it’s easy, but emerging tools and targeted strategies are empowering B2B marketers to be more successful than ever. You’ll come back to your office with a plan to turn the phrase “right message, right place, right time” from jargon into reality.
- There’s a dedicated day of training. We know that sometimes (ok, a lot of the time) your biggest takeaway from a conference is a branded water bottle. We’ve got nothing against swag, but in our Account-Based Marketing workshops, we’ll break down all the skills you need to attract, engage, convert and measure key targets. Plus, you’ll walk away holding an actual marketing plan, which we think is less likely to sit on your desk unused for months (like that water bottle.)
- You’ll get pumped about your job. A recent study from OfficeVibe found that 88% of employees are don’t have a passion for their work and 80% of senior managers are disengaged. We don’t know how those stats break out in terms of marketers, but we have heard through the grapevine some of you think B2B stands for B2Boring. Although for years we can’t deny that B2C marketers got all the cool stuff, that’s changing fast. We promise you’ll come out of our Summit with some real B2B pride.
- You’ll be surrounded by best people in the business. Motivational speaker Jim Rohn is famous for saying that you’re the average of the five people you spend the most time with. Demandbase is famous for saying, “Status Quo is Latin for ‘mediocre.’” That’s why we’ve gathered the most innovative leaders B2B marketing from companies like Optimizely, GE, Domo and Citrix to speak at our Summit. Surround yourself with these people, plus hundreds of other B2B marketing leaders, and you’ll rise to new heights yourself.
- You’ll learn how to work with Sales. And by “work with Sales” we don’t mean, “work around Sales.” If you want to advance your marketing career, you need to collaborate with Sales and get clarity around your shared goal: driving revenue. No matter what your relationship with Sales is like now, you’ll learn best practices for aligning around key accounts.
And of course, there will be a few fun activities. You can learn more about them and see the full agenda for the Marketing Innovation Summit here.